Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day and New Running Shoes!

Today we woke up to fun in the snow! I love the snow. I think it is so peaceful and of course fun! With work being cancelled for the day due to road closures I was looking forward to playing in the snow. T worked graveyard last night so I decided to take a nap before the fun. My nap turned into 4 hours of good sleep. I must of needed it but was very disappointed when I looked outside to see most of the snow gone :( I guess there is always tomorrow because we are expected to get another 2-4 inches tonight. YEAH! Now for my new shoes. After my last 1/2 marathon I was experiencing some serious knee pain. I was told that this could be due the shoes that I have been wearing. The running store that host my marathon training group fits you you to shoes by the dynamics of your running. Basically you go in and they size you then they have you run on a treadmill barefoot to see how your feet are. Apparently the arches of my feet completely collapse when I run putting pressure on the out side of my knees hence the pain I have been experiencing. The guy that was helping me through this process asked me where I got the shoes I have been running in and how I choose them. I had to sadly admit that I got them at Fred Meyer and choose them because they were on sale for 19.99. Well I got a great pair of shoes that I love and bought shoe inserts that support my arches so cross your fingers and hope this takes care of my knee pain.

1 comment:

Team Hanni said...

What a huge opportunity you have to be part of this group! I am sooooo glad you got fitted for shoes. I can't believe you ran your first half marathon with your other shoes. Sooooo glad you didn't get hurt. YEAH for good running shoes!