Monday, January 14, 2008

Nookachamp? YOU BET I AM!!!

My 1/2 Marathon was this past Saturday and may I say I think I rocked! I thought I would finish is about 3 hours and I actually finished in 2 hours and 40 minutes!!! I was really excited about maintaining my 12min mile pace throughout the whole thing! I did have to walk twice on the hills so my goal for the next one is no walking no matter the hill! I am completely in love with running in events now. It was so motivational. Everyone was super encouraging and friendly and it only made me want to run more. Big thanks to my sis in law Ang for introducing to the beautiful world of running. You have no idea how you have help me get out of rut and start running to towards a better me! THANK YOU!!! Next adventure the Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon in April!

5 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

Congrats, Lindsay! This is Kelly, I met you at the race on Saturday. I am very happy I was able to witness your first half marathon. How exciting!! I look forward to hearing more about your training and seeing you again in Salt Lake. You did awesome!! Sorry I had to leave so soon, and I hope you don't mind that I linked to this report on our web page.

Erin said...

Lindsay,

You are awesome! I can't belive you finished your first half so well. Congrats! See you in SLC!

Team Hanni said...

WOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Welcome to the addicting world of running! I'm so excited you have experienced that awesome feeling at the finish line. You did SOOOOOOO well! SLC will be wonderful - it's my favorite race. I can't wait for you to experience that finish line.....

So fun to have you blogging!!!

Kimm said...

Good thing you have had a blog since november 1st and I am just finding out about it!! Congrats on the run hot stuff!

Ang said...

Yaaaayayayayayayayayaayy! You totally rocked it!! Who knew you were such a natural. Actually I think I remember you telling me before that you were a natural. I'm so excited to talk running with you and go on more runs together! You rock!!