Thursday, April 24, 2008

SLC 1/2 Marathon

What a fun weekend! I really had such a fun time with T's family. Everybody who came ran something. The break down goes a little something like this Ang = marathon; Me, Kylee, and Jeff = 1/2 marathon; Jana, Cheryl, Kimm, Josh, Paytan, and Grace all did the 5K. the weather was super nice for a run except towards the end the wind start to pick up. I felt really good about my run! I started off smart like I wanted to doing slower miles to warm-up. At about mile 2.5 I picked up the speed and did 10 to 10:30 minute miles. I felt really good until I had to use the restroom around mile 9. I had to wait in line and when I started running again I had a hard time finding a groove again. I have been struggling with a chest cold for about a month and when I started to run again I felt like I just wasn't getting enough air in. So I slowed my pace and ended up finishing in 2:32:45! This is twelve minutes faster than my race in January!
here are some fun photos!


Ang and I in the morning before the race!


Kylee's game face :)




Ang's inspirational words on her feet to keep her going!


Kylee's feet!

Everybody getting ready!


Me before I finish!


Kylee finishing!



Jeff finishing!

I also went with Ang to here Marathon Mommies dinner the night before the race. This was alot of fun I really enjoyed meeting everyone and getting pumped for the big race with them! Here are some photos from that!






3 comments:

Erin said...

I stinking miss you! How are you my love? Great post and nice wheels!

Kimm said...

Lindsay you rocked the house at the race!! Great Job you 1/2 marathoner!!

Team Hanni said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad you posted about the race. You did amazing! I wish we could see each other more often - you are just wonderful!